Everyone knows that weed is a natural plant. In fact, that’s one of the biggest draws of weed for many people. The fact that cannabis can be grown from a cutting or seed and requires almost no processing before you can use it appeals to people who want to know what they put in their bodies.
While cannabis is grown like any other plant, few people think about what happens to it on its journey to becoming the goods sitting on Boston dispensary shelves. Here’s what you need to know about the lifecycle of weed as a plant and as a material used to make your favorite THC products.
The Lifecycle of the Cannabis Plant
Cannabis has four main life stages: the seedling stage, the vegetative stage, the flowering stage, and the seed-growing stage. If you grow a plant from seed, it will spend the first several weeks of its life germinating and developing its first few leaves.
Next comes the vegetative stage. If you grow a plant from a cutting, this is where it will start out. This is when the plant focuses on growing bigger and producing lots of leaves to fuel its growth. Vegetative plants benefit from getting at least 18 hours of light a day.
In the flowering stage, the plant switches its focus to producing buds. This is the most critical period for farmers since the flowers contain the majority of the cannabinoids in the plant. The flowering stage is triggered by the plant being in the dark for at least 12 hours daily. Once the flowers grow, most cannabis plants are harvested, while some plants are allowed to make seeds to produce the next crop.
The Weed Lifecycle at Harbor House Collective
The lifecycle of weed at your favorite Boston dispensary is just as important. Here’s how weed makes its way from the farm to your home.
- The cultivation team from Harbor House Collective cultivates and handpicks the finest strains and we are constantly pheno-hunting to find new strains for our customers to enjoy.
- After harvest, the flower is brought upstairs to our dry cure rooms or it is flash frozen for use in our live concentrates.
- Our flower will then go to get trimmed, grinded into pre-rolls, or manufactured into concentrates, edibles, and vaporizers.
- These products are packaged in airtight branded containers and brought downstairs to the shelves at Harbor House Collective, where you can browse in-store or online.
- Once you’ve found the perfect items for you, you can buy them in person or order online and then take them home to enjoy!
This is how some of our most popular products make their way to our store, including:
Visit Harbor House Collective
The product lifecycle is just as crucial as the weed lifecycle. If you’re looking for a Boston dispensary where you can trust every step of your purchase’s journey to your home, you should visit Harbor House Collective. We cultivate, manufacture, and sell our own products in-house. Stop by or browse our selection online today to explore our premium weed offerings.