Since the recreational cannabis market officially launched in 2018, dispensaries (the shops that sell adult-use weed) have started popping up all over Massachusetts. As of May 2022, there are 216 retailers in operation. Many of these dispensaries have been introducing cannabis enthusiasts old and new to some of the finest buds and highest-quality products available.
Visiting a weed dispensary in Massachusetts for the first time is an exciting experience. However, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind before you go.
Who Can Visit
In Massachusetts, you must be at least 21 to possess and use cannabis. You also must be at least 21 to enter and purchase products from recreational dispensaries.
Do Some Research Before You Go
Take some time to consider your goals when using cannabis. Are you looking to relax at the end of a long day? Do you want a creative boost? You’ll also want to research local dispensaries, read reviews, and browse product offerings.
What to Bring When Visiting a Weed Dispensary in Massachusetts
When visiting a Massachusetts dispensary, you’ll need your driver’s license. You’ll be required to show it to get inside. Make sure you have cash on you too, as most shops are cash-only. While some may have an ATM on-site, you may find it easier to stop by one before you go.
Weed Dispensary Etiquette
You may feel excited or even overwhelmed when visiting a dispensary for the first time. Keep these weed dispensary etiquette tips in mind:
- Look but don’t touch. Some dispensaries may offer samples for you to view or smell. As tempting as it can be, avoid handling them.
- Don’t purchase more than you can legally possess. In Massachusetts, you can have up to 1 ounce of flower and 5 grams of concentrate.
- Wait to consume. Respect the dispensary and the law and wait to try your weed when you get home.
- Don’t take pictures without asking. Some shops don’t want customers taking photos, while others don’t mind. Ask first before you pull out your phone. Speaking of phones, it’s also generally considered impolite to use them while you’re in a dispensary.
- Tipping isn’t required, but it is appreciated. If you enjoyed your visit and found your budtender to be exceptionally helpful, leave a tip.
Budtenders Are Your Friends
Budtenders are the people behind the counter of a dispensary. The best are highly knowledgeable about the products in the shop and can help you narrow down your options and choose the best ones for your needs. Don’t be surprised if they ask you several questions during your visit. Your answers will allow them to assist you better. At the same time, don’t hesitate to ask them questions too. They’re more than happy to help you have a great experience.
Looking to Visit a Weed Dispensary in Massachusetts for the First Time? Check out Harbor House Collective
As one of the top dispensaries in Massachusetts, Harbor House Collective is dedicated to providing customers with quality cannabis and cannabis products. We cultivate, manufacture, and sell our own products and stock select premium goods from other local companies.
If you’re looking for the highest-quality weed in Massachusetts, look no further than Harbor House Collective. We invite you to browse our selection online and look forward to seeing you in our shop.